Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Accession (Sarath Web #1) by Terah Edun

This was a confusing book for me.  There wasn't enough detail of the world in which I found myself immersed- a world of witch queens, magic, giant morphing toads, and drunken vampire-unicorn hybrids.  There was entirely too much information on dancing trolls under bridges and the sibling rivalry between perfect Rose and inadequate Katherine.  There were also a lot of mixed metaphors and a weak plot.

I think Accession has the potential to kick off a good series, but it might have been  better condensed.  Part One of a story, rather than the whole book.  It definitely needed more editing, and the writing style was so messy it was painful at times.  I will most likely read the second in the Sarath Web series, but if I am as disappointed in it as I was in Accession, I will give it up for good. 

Accession (Sarath Web #1) by Terah Edun: 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment