Monday, October 27, 2014

The Silver Tower (The Silver Tower Saga #1) by Colee Firman

What started, for me, as a standard tale of a girl who longs to break free of her family's expectations ended up a richly detailed adventurous fantasy that left me wanting the next installment now.  Or sooner, if possible. 

As a protagonist, Sophie was excellent.  She doesn't just accept things as "the way they have to be." There is a lot of development on her part throughout the entire book.  The rest of the cast works well around her, even when people didn't turn out to be what I expected.  There were unlikely friendships made (Maven is a particular favorite of mine), betrayals, alliances, and yes, a romantic entanglement.
 
The Silver Tower kept me turning pages until the very end, and now I kind of regret it.  Mostly because now I have to wait (and wait, and wait) for the next book.  The writing is great, the dialogue is never forced or feels fake, and I'm going to have to find more of Firman's books to read in the meantime. 

The Silver Tower (The Silver Tower Saga #1) by Colee Firman: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment