Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Searching for Perfect by Jennifer Probst

I liked this romance between the nerd turned hottie and the outwardly perfect woman who is supposed to find his perfect match.  It was a decent story, a good way to forget about everything else for a while.

Nate makes a good male protagonist, even given tiny level of understanding about mathematics and aeronautics. He's comfortable with himself, he's honest, and he just wants to find love. He's smart, driven and has that hidden heart of gold- the trifecta of romance heroes. 

I wasn't that attached to Kennedy as the female protagonist, though.  I know that every woman has issues with her own body no matter her age (I certainly do), but she isn't a character I connected with.  She knows she's physically perfect, she knows men find her attractive, and she's a little too restrictive with herself about food.  Maybe it was that disconnection that makes me feel like she didn't suffer anything THAT traumatic during high school, that she should get a grip already, and just accept herself for who she is, no matter if there's a tiny change in her physical appearance.

I think what I found most memorable (and most odd) about the whole book was the scientific sex scenes.  I appreciate honesty and dirty talk as much as the next girl, but goodness, Nate's was so matter-of-fact that I felt like I was reading a manual rather than a novel.  I don't embarrass easily- I am publicly posting a review of a romance novel, after all- but these scenes had me blushing. 

I'm curious to see who Probst chooses as her next subject for a story.  I know I'm not the only one interested in finding out more about Wolfe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment