Sunday, September 29, 2013

Stirring Up Trouble by Juli Alexander

Zoe is a teenage witch with a few problems.  She's in love with her best friend's boyfriend.  She can't use self-serving magic, even if it would make life a lot easier.  And she really needs to find a substitute for toad slime, because it's expensive and really, really gross.  Zoe presents us with a smart, sometimes sassy, heroine who wants to make everyone happy.  It's hard to make sure she gets her own happy ending, though.  Full of humor, this is a story that will leave a reader feeling satisfied with the outcome and wondering what zany adventure Zoe has coming next. 


I didn't know until I had finished this that it is the second book featuring Zoe as a narrator.  I found myself wishing for more explanation of Zoe's magical world, and how it interacts with the realities of being a modern teen.  I'll definitely get my hands on the first book, and I eagerly await the third. 

No comments:

Post a Comment